It’s the taste of childhood – at any age
Toffee and nougat, boiled sweets, marshmallows, lozenges, chewy candies, tablets, lollipops and liquorice… for many of us, these little treats define the simple pleasures of childhood. Happy with traditional formulations, consumers will be offered refreshed versions accommodating current trends.
Tate & Lyle can help you fine-tune your confectionery for sugar and calorie reduction, long-lasting texture and easier processing.
- ‘How can I make my sugar confectionery even more appealing to consumers?’
- ‘What’s the next big trend and how can we make the most of it?’
- ‘Are there opportunities we haven’t thought of?’
- ‘How can we cut costs without cutting down on quality?’
Your priorities drive our products and services. Here are just some ways we’re giving our sugar confectionery customers the Tate & Lyle advantage.
- Our soluble fibres STA-LITE® Polydextrose and PROMITOR® Dietary Fiber make superb low-calorie bulking agents, and are well tolerated. Their properties are very close to those of glucose syrup, which means that not only do they have exceptional process stability, they can be very easily introduced into your processing environment.
- To compensate for lack of sweetness, we have developed the high potency, acid- and heat-stable sweeteners SPLENDA® Sucralose and PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract. Both deliver high quality sweetness throughout your product’s shelf life.
We offer a complete solution for shelf life improvement. Depending on your requirements, we can choose from our range of glucose syrups, which prevent products crystallising or drying out; or use KRYSTAR® or FRUCTOPURE® Fructose, with its intense solubility, humectancy, and ability to reduce water activity.
Our line of cook-up starches and cold water swelling instant starches can be used in caramels to create a firm and chewy texture.
Dent corn starches add firmness and rigidity with ease of depositing. Our cold water swelling starches enable firm textures to develop at lower processing temperatures.
We offer manufacturers a range of product improvement solutions:
- GLUCAMYL™ Glucose Syrups and STALEY® Corn Syrups give a chewy texture
- Acidulants enhance fruit flavours and acid profiles
- Corn syrups and dextrins are used for panning to make hard and soft coatings.