Chocolate goes from strength to strength
Economic downturns come and go, but the chocolate market will always stand firm. However, it doesn’t stand still. Consumers are increasingly looking for quality over quantity. Make your chocolate even more irresistible with Tate & Lyle expertise.
- ‘How can I make my chocolate confectionery even more appealing to consumers?’
- ‘What’s the next big trend and how can we make the most of it?’
- ‘Are there opportunities we haven’t thought of?’
- ‘How can we cut costs without cutting down on quality?’
Your priorities drive our products and services. Here are just some ways we’re giving our chocolate confectionery customers the Tate & Lyle advantage.
- Our soluble fibre STA-LITE® Polydextrose improves the nutritional profile of your products by lowering their sugar and calorie content. STA-LITE® Polydextrose can replace sucrose in traditional chocolate formulas without any major changes to processing conditions. It is well tolerated, and thanks to its neutral taste profile, does not have a negative impact on flavour. PROMITOR® Dietary Fiber can be used to reduce sugar and calories in products such as compound coatings.
- Sweetness perception in reduced-sugar chocolate formulas can be rebalanced with the help of Tate & Lyle’s high potency sweeteners such as SPLENDA® Sucralose or PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract. Both deliver heat stable, high quality sweetness throughout the product’s shelf life.
For chocolate compounds and chocolate fillings, KRYSTAR® or FRUCTOPURE® Fructose has synergy with sucrose and enhances sweetness perception. SPLENDA® Sucralose and PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract may also be combined with fructose to enhance sweetness in reduced-sugar formulas.
- KRYSTAR® or FRUCTOPURE® Fructose is sweeter than sucrose and delivers a more rapid onset of sweetness. A chocolate flavour is greatly enhanced in the presence of fructose due to this time/intensity profile.
- In reduced-sugar formulas, SPLENDA® Sucralose works synergistically with KRYSTAR® or FRUCTOPURE® Fructose to enhance sweetness as well as chocolate flavour.
We offer manufacturers a range of product improvement solutions:
- MALTOSWEET™ or STAR-DRI® Maltodextrins are used as a bulking agent
- GLUCAMYL™ Glucose Syrups and STALEY® Corn Syrups control viscosity and crystallisation in chocolate compound coatings
- Corn syrups and dextrins are used for panning.
- Dextrins are used for hard coatings
- ISOSUGAR™syrupsare used for fillings and fondants.