Take advantage of strong growth in cracker sales
Snappy and convenient, crackers are the perfect partner for a little savoury indulgence. No wonder they are rapidly gaining ground in the snack marketplace. Make yours the fun, modern and more health-conscious option with Tate & Lyle know-how.
- ‘How can I make my crackers even more appealing to consumers?’
- ‘What’s the next big trend and how can we make the most of it?’
- ‘Are there opportunities we haven’t thought of?’
- ‘How can we cut costs without cutting down on quality?’
Your priorities drive our products and services. Here are just some ways we’re giving our crackers customers the Tate & Lyle advantage.
Texture can give your products a real competitive advantage. We draw from our wide range of starches to develop customised textures, from hard to brittle, cohesive to crispy.
Consumers may want to limit their salt intake, but they won’t sacrifice taste.
SODA-LO™ Salt Microspheres lets you give your customers the best of both of worlds-salt reduction of up to 25-50% and 100% of the taste!
With our range of starches and maltodextrins, we can improve the machinability of dough to reduce stickiness and improve cohesiveness, while retaining the product’s texture and taste. That means higher yields, cost savings and peace of mind for manufacturers.
- The demand for reduced-fat options is here to stay. We can help you move from the traditional frying process to oven-baking with our MERIGEL™ and X-PAND’R® Instant Starches. These are designed to help you reduce your product’s fat content without affecting its taste or texture.
- We also create fat-free adhesion solutions for spices, herbs and flavourings, with our soluble fibres STA-LITE® Polydextrose and PROMITOR® Dietary Fibre, combined with maltodextrins. These enable you to develop shiny and crispy coatings that can be oven baked, while ensuring a good adhesion of spices.
Our soluble fibres STA-LITE® Polydextrose and PROMITOR® Dietary Fibre add fibre to your product, while keeping its sensory characteristics and processability.
We offer manufacturers a range of product improvement solutions:
- Natives starches can be used to create different textures
- STAR-DRI® and MALTOSWEET™ Maltodextrins add body, provide soluble solids, increase complex carbohydrates, bind water, alter dough flow properties, enhance browning, provide a crispy texture, and control expansion and ‘blistering’ in crackers
- MERISWEET™ or STALEYDEX® Crystalline Dextrose, and MALTOSWEET™ or STAR-DRI® Dried Glucose Syrup act as a taste enhancer and support the adhesion of seasonings.